Show and Tell - RNA visualization app for COVID Vaccine competition by Stanford/Eterna

Hello all! I found an awesome Dash app made by Atharva that lets you visualize Eterna’s RNA sequences & structure data, which were labeled with various degradation rates.

From the competition page:

mRNA vaccines have taken the lead as the fastest vaccine candidates for COVID-19, but currently, they face key potential limitations. One of the biggest challenges right now is how to design super stable messenger RNA molecules (mRNA). Conventional vaccines (like your seasonal flu shots) are packaged in disposable syringes and shipped under refrigeration around the world, but that is not currently possible for mRNA vaccines.

This is super exciting because the competition could lead to the creation of more stable vaccine. For this reason, I can’t wait to see how Python libraries like Dash Bio, Biopython, Tensorflow and Pytorch will be used to help accelerate the development of those vaccines through interactive apps like this!

Dash App

https://rna-dash.herokuapp.com/

Discussion on Kaggle

Dash Bio Forna Component

3 Likes

Very, very sweet. Nice to see these dash-bio components in action. Thanks for sharing! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this!!
I will be adding more plots to make this look even cooler :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the Dash community @Atharva! Very nice work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am glad you liked it! :slight_smile: