Dash Job - Senior Data Scientist (Digital Operations) - IFF

:mega: Plotly Dash Skills: Experience programming for User Interfaces in Plotly Dash

Company: IFF (International Flavors & Fragrances)

Title: Senior Data Scientist (Digital Operations)

Category: Full Time

Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain (Remote)

Experience: Mid-Senior level

Application: Link to apply


Job Description

At IFF, the heart of our company is fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?” That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages.

IFF is very excited to welcome a new Senior Data Scientist to our team, and we hope it’s you!

Role Scope:

As Data Scientist in Digital Manufacturing you are part of our digital team that engages that improves decisions at our manufacturing site. You will be in an agile development environment with high expectations for rapid delivery of prototypes, we execute fast with a time to value less than 4 months. You will routinely meet changing requirements as well as will get direct feedback from our global business customers. You will engage closely with subject matter experts, where you are a strong team player that understands, digests and qualifies the input you receive during the project execution. You will have End-to-end responsibility from Qualifying data and to Establishing the required facts and trust. Both are need for to take operational decision in real time following your model’s recommendation. You are comfortable impacting our business directly by the work you do.

Key responsibilities:

  • Provide mentorship and guidance to other Data Scientist in the team.
  • Qualifying data as made available by our digital team by our strong data infrastructure
  • Analyzing data
  • Develop models
  • Embed modelling results in real time User Interfaces
  • Refine the modelling and user interface in view of the requirements of the users
  • Document the work done and facts established.

Job Requirements

The successful candidate will possess:

  • Experiences in working professionally with industrial data of manufacturing sites in either planning, chemical engineering or machine learning
  • PhD, Master’s degree, or Bachelors’ Degree within Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology or related field
  • Solid background in statistical modelling (statistical hypothesis testing, regression, classification, optimization) as well as Advanced statistics and machine learning (Time Series Analysis, clustering, dimension reduction, anomaly detection)
  • Experience programming for User Interfaces in Plotly Dash Tableau improving performance of units and systems (covering such as chemical reactors, boilers, compressors, chillers, cooling towers & steam/condensate, PowerBI and related Visualizations Platforms
  • Knowledge of Kubernetes is desirable
  • Experience with databases (Ocrale, SQL, & Historians)
  • Has written Scientific Publications
  • Has made Experimental designs and Process optimization

In order to work with our manufacturing sites some travel is required– around 30% of the time (lifted currently due to COVID restrictions), remaining 70% can be split between working from home or from the office location