Summer Dash App-Building Challenge - Amazon Purchases

@mayaradaher your app is INCREDIBLE! The entire layout, the colour schemes, the very insightful visualizations! I especially LOVE your book recommeding feature. What a CREATIVE idea! :open_book: :heart:

1 Like

@Amazigh the product shipping map view is a LOVELY feature. And what a great idea to use accordions for the left navugation bar! Amazing app!

3 Likes

I’m really impressed with all these submissions—great job, everyone! :rocket: @PipInstallPython @mayaradaher @Amazigh @Alfredo49

I’ve bookmarked each one because they all have something unique that I’m eager to try out in my next apps! Great inspiration! :star2: Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the show-and-tells!

Also thanks for all your positive feedback @deepa-shalini and @spd - this community is always so encouraging :hugs:

3 Likes

Looks impressive but their is no requirements.txt and no survey.csv, assuming a few other things might be missing from the repo wasn’t able to clone and boot up the app :confused:

Also whats with:

print(dmc.Checkbox(label="I agree to sell my privacy", size="sm", checked=True).to_plotly_json())

Apologies for the mess—my app is like that one room we all have that we promise to clean but never quite get to. I had big plans to tidy it up and deploy it, but life had other plans for me, like a spontaneous trip to Lagos without my laptop!

Yes, the data is quilt large (pun totally intended), and it’s so massive that it decided to rebel and not belong in the repo. If you’re eager to run the app, here’s the deal: download the three data files I mentioned in the post, toss them into the data folder, and then hit it with a good old python3 app.py.

I’m flying back to the U.S. today and should have the app up and running soon—unless, of course, my luggage decides to take a solo vacation. But if you can’t wait, give it a try with the instructions and fingers crossed it works!

2 Likes

@Alfredo49 I really like the metrics distribution chart and the fact that we get the whole summary in a single dashboard! Great app.
I was wondering if you could share a guide on how one can deploy their Dash app to AWS as you have done?

1 Like

Thanks @deepa-shalini :heart:

Thanks @deepa-shalini and @li.nguyen,

@deepa-shalini I actually deployed with google cloud run using a docker container, I followed this tutorial is pretty straightforward.

Tutorial:
How to Deploy a Dash App to Google Cloud Run

1 Like

HI @Alfredo49 I have two examples on how to run a dash app on AWS.
Here are the links;
(1): GitHub - leberber/dash-ssl-gunicorn-nginx-docker
(2): GitHub - leberber/dash-ssl-gunicorn-docker

Let me know if you have questions and if you need help getting it to work!

3 Likes

@Amazigh thank you so much. I’ll check them out!

Thank you @Amazigh .
Hope you can get your app live this week. In the meantime, we’ll use your instructions.

@PipInstallPython @mayaradaher @Amazigh @Alfredo49 @li.nguyen
Thank you everyone for such amazing app submissions. A few Plotly staff members will form the judging team and look over every app in detail.

We hope to announce the challenge winners by end of next week.

1 Like

Hey Adam,
Just deployed the app, to a test server I manage. You can check it out here: https://baylek.org/

3 Likes
  • Great news! I finally found a moment to deploy the app. You can check it out here: https://baylek.org/.
  • On a technical note, the to_plotly_json() function is what allows the DMC components to be used in client-side callbacks.
2 Likes

I think the recommendation feature is fantastic. Lovely idea

3 Likes

great app @li.nguyen your project is so detailed that it touched all aspect of the business giving insight for strategy decision making. Great project.

3 Likes

Thank you @Moritus :hugs: