Been using dash to run network graph explorer for some time.
As of right now, I am pulling current subgraph from Neo4J DB as my graph database using Python Driver and converting it into cytoscape elements in every graph update callback.
I am aware of earlier posts:
Announcing Dash D3.js Network Graph - A JS components. Sadly couldn’t find a python documentation.
IMO, the drawback my current approach is:
- Converting large graph is unwanted overhead.
- Visuals handling: to create a useful visualization, it requires to jungle between CSS and dash cytoscape. Cytoscape visualizatopn require JS manipulating which unfortunally still lack some features.
- Overall use and feel just not suffice.
My questions is:
- Is there another way to explore graph db’s such as neo4j in current dash components ?
- Can i embedd url to another web application (such , which allow ), if so, how can i interact with it?
- Anyone who creates network graphs, what is your take on this ?
Any example projects/suggestions will be welcome.