Plotly Dash Skills: Experience with open source technologies to include Dash by Plotly
Company: WhirlWind Technologies
Title: Data Scientist
Category: Full Time
Location: Suitland, MD / potentially remote
Experience: 8+ years of Application system analysis and data analytics
Application: Link to apply
WhirlWind is on a mission to help each client succeed by using our management consulting and technology expertise. We design, build, and manage secure environments that support data-driven decision making and data-powered products.
Our services transform governments and enhance the lives of citizens.
Our people are driven and committed to our mission. If you want to join a team of rock stars who do incredible, purposeful work, and have fun doing it, come thrive with us and be one of the heroes behind our success.
We offer an attractive benefits package including a competitive base salary and have been voted the Best Place to Work for 2021.
WhirlWind Technologies is seeking a Data Scientist to support a client-facing project in Suitland, MD.
Top 3 Outcomes in Year 1
- With your leadership and technical skills, achieve a state-of-the-art, highly automated, and interactive data visualization system
- Lead and obtain organic growth of the current IT contract and client account
- Achieve and / or increase customer satisfaction through mutually agreeable performance metrics
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop methods and procedures for collection and analysis of data from several data sources
- Monitor, review, and validate customer data is collected and processed on schedule
- Automate data collection from various external data sources and data type
- Lead requirements gathering from customer and stakeholders and create interactive data visualization dashboards that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations
- Identify and integrate tools to enhance data visualization efficiencies and effectiveness such as machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), and robotics process automation (RPA)
- Proactively seek an understanding of the customer’s business, mission, and vision to provide additional thought leadership to achieve their goals.
- Create clear and concise presentations as needed to communicate with the customer and stakeholders the status of projects and assigned tasks
- Provide weekly written status reports and brief customer weekly on the status of the project activities
- Experience with business intelligence tools, data analytics, data collection, and generating reports
- Experience with relational databases, structured, and unstructured data
- Experience with open source technologies to include Dash by Plotly, LINUX, and MySQL
- Ability to leverage expertise in time management to complete assignments independently and effectively
- Ability to estimate work and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Database design and data management
- Must be able to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- MapR Data Platform, Apache Hadoop, HBASE, SPARK, and DRILL.
- 8+ years of Application system analysis and data analytics
- 5 years experience in a business intelligence role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Intelligence or related field required (Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred)