Plotly Dash Skills: Create visualizations using Plotly, Dash, or similar
Company: Nikola Motor
Title: Data Scientist Vehicle Software
Category: Full Time
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Experience: Entry level
Application: Link to apply
This role is based at our Phoenix, AZ HQ, and would require relocation to the Phoenix area.
Come join the Nikola Software Team as a Data Scientist. Our team culture emphasizes collaboration, communication, and commitment to help us reach our goals in a dynamic startup environment.
What You’ll Be Creating
Improve, build, and architect tools to organize and automate data collection and aggregation within the organization
Create new, experimental frameworks to collect and analyze data used for prediction coming from real time telematics, service, engineering and other data sources
Assist our software team make business critical decisions based on statistical analysis and modeling
Develop and improve tools used to deliver insights, solutions, and products that provide value to our internal teams and customers (e.g. predictive maintenance, predictive diagnostics, vehicle power management, etc)
Build new, experimental frameworks and models to collect and analyze data used for prediction
Create visualizations using Power BI, Plotly, Dash, or similar
What You Have
- BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience in a software-related field.
- 2 - 6 years of proven data scientist experience or similar software development
- 2+ years proficiency integrating/analyzing large data sets (especially time-series)
- Experience in Python, SQL, Database software, and cloud computing
- Experience with ML frameworks, pipelines and libraries – PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms, performance optimization techniques, data quality/sanitation, data validation and classification
- Experience building ML applications for time-series, big-data
Candidates must have current U.S. work authorization or be TN eligible from Mexico or Canada. This position is not eligible for CPT or OPT.