Plotly Dash Skills: Familiarity building basic data visualizations, including, but not limited to Dash or seaborn
Title: Data Scientist
Category: Full time
Location: Washington DC (in Person)
Experience: 4 + years of experience in data science or computer science fundamentals
Application: Link to apply
EpochGeo is looking for a Data Scientist with analytic and scripting experience to support one of the most innovative, exciting, and growing offices that is rooted in data rich projects in the national security space.
Are you a data scientist, AI/ML practitioner, mathematician, or similar, who loves to work with data, find patterns in it, and then turn it into actionable intelligence? Are you a developer who loves to work with a multi-discipline team to help transition desktop workflows and algorithms to enterprise level tools? If so, please reach out to us at EpochGeo to chat.
Location-based big data can be overwhelming, inaccessible, and noisy. EpochGeo is a data services firm specializing in supporting the full spectrum data cycle: beginning with scalable data storage and ending in producing impactful analytics. Our developers, analysts, and data scientists have a proven track record applying open-source innovative technology, data science, and actionable analytics to inform customers’ data driven decisions.
Your background likely includes:
- 4 + years of experience in data science or computer science fundamentals such as data engineering, coding in python, SQL, data structures and familiarity with Keras, Tensorflow, Neo4j, or PyTorch frameworks preferred, as well as, experience using map based visualization tools and spatial data.
- Familiarity building basic data visualizations, including, but not limited to; Matplotlib, Seaborn or Dash
- Education or experience in Data Science, Geography, Computer Science, Economics etc.
- Familiarity with applying machine learning and statistical methods to complex problem sets that result in successful outcomes.
- Some experience querying, creating, and integrating data flows from an Elasticsearch instance to include building dashboards and presenting information via Kibana or Plotly Dash.
- Applied GIS work and familiarity with ESRI products and/or QGIS.
- A bonus to have military and/or DoD/IC experience in any of the following disciplines: data science, computer vision, target development, geospatial, or statistical analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Exploiting multiple geospatial big data environments for insights that can be automated at scale with developer assistance.
- Working with data to enable software engineers to build upon automated tipping and cueing, alert generation tools, while developing trends to demonstrate states of readiness and forecasting future values.
- Scripting in python to automate geospatial workflow, connecting to existing APIs to feed algorithms and/or front-end UIs.
- Conceiving and constructing working prototypes and first of their kind proof of concepts to push the art of the possible against real world problem sets.
- Must have ability to communicate with project team, user community, and client leadership to understand requirements and demonstrate iterative progress.
- Working in a dynamic environment with ever evolving requirements.
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Geography, Statistics, Machine Learning, or related technical fields
- Must hold a TS/SCI clearance and be willing to submit for a CI Poly
- All employees will start in the Washington D.C office but upon request and with customer approval may be allowed to work from Reston VA.
- 100% health care premiums covered, FSA, HSA
- 401k: 6% match, immediate vesting
- 14 holidays: All 11 Federal holidays, day after Thanksgiving, 24 DEC, 31 DEC
- PTO: 4 weeks annually
- 3 week sabbatical every 3 years with the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20340: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Required)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Top Secret (Required)