🧑‍💻 Summer Community App Challenge

hi Michael (@msmcmanus ),
Welcome to the community and thanks for submitting your app. I love the main page image of the cat. Nice touch.

Thank you everyone for submitting your apps to our Summer Community App Challenge. The apps submitted range from incredibly informative to insightful to user-friendly to just plain awesome. It is obvious that you put a lot of work into building these apps, so thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Plotly team will look over each app and declare the winners on the week of August 15 in this Forum Topic and in the next Dash Club newsletter #7. Within the same newsletter, we will also announce the autumn app building challenge, so stay tuned.

3 Likes

Hi Adam!
Have to share the code or just the website?

hi @Reveur
The challenge is over. Are you trying to submit a Dash App for a different challenge?

yea, this one: https://quickbio.onrender.com/ (is in spanish)
it’s for Biodiversity Processing

wonderful. Do you mind submitting your app and talking about it in this topic.

Los servidores demoran en cargar entre 5-7min

It takes 5-7 minutes to upload our own data sets? even if they’re small?

Are you able to provide a sample data set that is already built into the app, so people can interact with the app without loading their own data set?

5-7min is because render shutdown they servers.
I’m use APIs for connect the backend and frontend, so, the land page load fast, but the APIS still down until you upload the file (im gonna use docker compose or kubernets to fix that).

Im moving the backed to a single API with FastAPI, when I’m done with that gonna post on the challenge.

1 Like

Sounds good @Reveur
Just note that this summer challenge is over. When you’re ready, please share your app in the post that belongs to the Explore Page. Go to the bottom left and you’ll see the share your app button. That’s where you can find the post.