Selected_columns

Hi I’m new to Dash and I was playing around with the Datatable interactivity page from Sorting, Filtering, Selecting, and Paging Natively | Dash for Python Documentation | Plotly.

I’m having an issue with column_selectable. I’m getting a TypeError

“TypeError: Unexpected keyword argument selected_columns
Allowed arguments: active_cell, columns…”

Kinda stuck and came here for help.

Thank you in advance!

Were you able to fix this issue? I’ve been facing this same error as well.

I wasn’t. I just didn’t use. I don’t think it works anymore.

Could you please copy here a minimal and standalone (synthetic data) reproducing the problem? https://dash.plot.ly/datatable/interactivity is up to date and the exposed properties should be usable, otherwise it’s a bug.

Hello, I am facing this issue as well. I copied the first example from the URL you have provided, and here is the output of python, is there a way to fix this? :

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "xxxxx", line 30, in <module>
    page_size= 10,

File "xxx\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\dash\development\base_component.py", line 325, in wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)

File "xxx\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\dash_table\DataTable.py", line 673, in __init__
    super(DataTable, self).__init__(**args)

File "xxx\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\dash\development\base_component.py", line 94, in __init__
    ', '.join(sorted(self._prop_names))

TypeError: Unexpected keyword argument `selected_columns`
Allowed arguments: active_cell, columns, css, data, data_previous, data_timestamp, derived_filter_query_structure, derived_viewport_data, derived_viewport_indices, derived_viewport_row_ids, derived_viewport_selected_row_ids, derived_viewport_selected_rows, derived_virtual_data, derived_virtual_indices, derived_virtual_row_ids, derived_virtual_selected_row_ids, derived_virtual_selected_rows, dropdown, dropdown_conditional, dropdown_data, editable, end_cell, filter_action, filter_query, fixed_columns, fixed_rows, id, is_focused, locale_format, merge_duplicate_headers, page_action, page_current, page_size, row_deletable, row_selectable, selected_cells, selected_row_ids, selected_rows, sort_action, sort_as_null, sort_by, sort_mode, start_cell, style_as_list_view, style_cell, style_cell_conditional, style_data, style_data_conditional, style_filter, style_filter_conditional, style_header, style_header_conditional, style_table, tooltip, tooltip_conditional, tooltip_data, tooltip_delay, tooltip_duration, virtualization