Plotly & Dash (P&D) 500 - Looking for your inputs!

๐™ƒ๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ซ๐’€ 500 :racing_car: ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐—ฆ&๐—ฃ ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ :chart_with_upwards_trend:?
๐˜พ๐™Š๐™ˆ๐™„๐™‰๐™‚ ๐™Ž๐™Š๐™Š๐™‰ โ€ฆ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐—ฃ&๐—— ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ* !

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถโ€™๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ #๐˜ฑ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ #๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜บ #๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜Š๐˜๐˜‹, ๐˜”๐˜“/๐˜ˆ๐˜, ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต/๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ฎ, ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐™‡๐™€๐™ ๐™ˆ๐™€ ๐™†๐™‰๐™Š๐™’. :pray:

๐˜ผ๐™จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ โ€œ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜š๐˜›๐˜Œ๐˜”โ€ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ด, ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ:

https://dash-demo.plotly.host/dg-dash-stem/

๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜“๐˜–๐˜› (๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด) ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ. ๐˜โ€™๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ 500 ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜š๐˜›๐˜Œ๐˜”, ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ * ๐—ฃ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜๐—น๐˜† & ๐——๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ต (๐—ฃ&๐——) ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฌ ๐—œ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐˜…, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ:

• ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฃ ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ด (๐˜ท๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜บ โ€œ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ดโ€) :bar_chart:

• ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ/๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ด :sunglasses:

• ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ/๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ-๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ/๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข

• ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ (๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฉ)

• ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜บ

• ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง:
    #๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ
    #๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ
    #๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ป๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ
    #๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ
    #๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ
    #๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ

6 Likes

Sounds awesome, Iโ€™m already excited to explore apps in the P&D 500 Index!

Iโ€™ve got a few questions:

• Do we just reply in this thread with a link to our Dashboard? Or will you create the P&D 500 Index based on the show-and-tell tag?
  • Does the app have to be open source?
  • What do you mean by curate? Will there be a Dashboard to explore them or just a list somewhere in this forum? And will you provide additional information for every app, e.g. categories, which degrees they cover (based on the list in your post) or what Dash/Plotly techniques they use?
  • How will the P&D 500 Index be curated in the long run? Will it be updated regularly with new apps?
  • Do you have a timeline for submissions and the final P&D 500 Index?

Thanks a lot in advance!

@yanboe Good questions.

โ†’ reply in this thread is fine. or email me at dave@plot.ly. or DM me on LinkedIn.
โ†’ I have trolled this show-and-tell tag to add a number (but not all) apps to my listing
โ†’ there will be a dashboard โ€ฆ or rather an analytics and viz focused web app :slight_smile: โ€ฆ that has these apps listed, with various metadata (where available) that provides context regarding such โ€ฆ for a sense of what Iโ€™m thinking, check out the STEM app I provided a link to
โ†’ am not sure yet how the index will be curated in the long term โ€ฆ right now this is basically a hobby / pet project of mine where I troll (this site, LinkedIn, google, github) looking for interesting use cases โ€ฆ itโ€™s a bit like panning for gold or gemstones โ†’ tedious but then every once in a while a real gem appears
โ†’ the app does NOT have to be open-source โ€ฆ but I need to know enough about it (description, screenshot, etc.) to make an informed opinion as to how to grade โ€ฆ thatโ€™s actually part of the inherent problem โ†’ most of the most complex apps are used for enterprise workflows inside company firewalls, and/or where theyโ€™re not going and posting about how theyโ€™ve built the app in python w Dash โ€ฆ and in such cases nor are they publishing source code to github
โ†’ wrt timeline โ€ฆ Iโ€™m thinking the next 4 to 8 weeks โ€ฆ Iโ€™ve got a 1000 listed items so far that have been interesting enough (to me โ†’ admittedly this is a bit of a subjective qualifier), and I have a preliminary grading system (again somewhat subjective) โ€ฆ I just want to get the best 500 I can find โ€ฆ and yes โ†’ maintain it so it is dynamic over time.

1 Like

Can you share link to GitHub repo for this app.

@someshfengde FYI, the Dash STEM app was actually built using the Dash Enterprise licensed library called โ€œDashboard Engineโ€ โ€ฆ which allows me (Iโ€™m not really a coder) to EASILY create a cross-filterable dash app without having to use any HTML components, nor styling the app at command line โ€ฆ nor (and this is the issue for me) having to code any callbacks.

Ohh I see thanks for replying :smile: