Help with debugging dash-component-boilerplate

Hi,

I have been trying to use the dash boiler plate to convert react components to dash components. However, I am finding that something about the configuration in that boiler plate repo that doesn’t let me debug my react components easily. As a result, I have been tending to develop my react apps in a different react setup (the one that is created using npm init react-app my-app). However, when I am trying to move the code back to the dash boilerplate code to build my dash component, I am running into situations where the browser just freezes.

In the past I have noticed that these are generally just normal errors that are printed on the browser when I am working on the normal react app. However, the boilerplate app somehow doesn’t let me see the errors. Not sure what about the configuration. I have converted a few react components to dash components, but its has always been a very pain staking process of manually making small changes so I can compare in a separate app what the errors are supposed to be and its just super frustrating and not scalable.

Anyway, in summary, I use VScode for general react app development and have been easily using VSCodes debug tools to debug my usual react apps (when needed above and beyond just inspecting the console). However, I cannot seem to do the same in the boiler plate app. Any suggestions on how people debug code in that app would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to the boiler plate (if anyone needs - GitHub - plotly/dash-component-boilerplate: Get started creating your own Dash components here.)

Here is the link to an image of how it looks. The left panel is the same code rendered through the boiler plate app and the right one through the usual npm started react app. You can see that is shows an error message on the right one but not the left one. I also sometimes notice that the error message flicks on the screen for a micro second and then disappears. So maybe it does show the message but something else causes it go away after that.

Any help on that would be appreciate.