Plotly Dash Skills: Maintain and improve a plotly dash app utilizing multiple pages and database querying.
Company: Torc Robotics
Title: Python Visualization and Testing Co-Op
Category: full time
Location: Blacksburg, VA, USA
Experience: Working towards a degree with relevant education in computer engineering, computer science, robotics, automotive systems, or related technical field.
Application: Link to apply
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the team:
As a Co-op, you will work closely with the Framework and Metrics team, which holds responsibility for development, implementation, and reporting of the Sensing and Understanding department’s metrics towards meeting performance goals and requirements.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a Software Engineering co-op to help create, test, implement, and visualize our Sensing and Understanding perception system metrics to enable teams to develop highly performant software, and to report and track performance goals to management.
As part of the Framework and Metrics team, you will
- Manipulate pandas dataframes to provide meaningful data for interpretation.
- Develop data visualizations for perception metrics using plotly
- Maintain and improve a plotly dash app utilizing multiple pages and database querying.
Torc Co-op positions provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is
all about. Our goal is to enable Co-ops to become full-time Torc’rs.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Working towards a degree with relevant education in computer engineering, computer science, robotics, automotive systems, or related technical field.
- Experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, Plotly).
- Experience with developing software in Linux.
- Experience with version control using Git.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills, willingness to work in an international team.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to completing team goals in a fast-paced environment by utilizing a diverse skill set.
- Experience in an AGILE environment using Jira or similar AGILE development software.
- Experience managing databases with SQL.
- Experience with AWS
- Start Date: Fall 2023
- Role Timeline: Fall 2023 with potential to extend.
- Location(s): Blacksburg, VA
Hiring Range for Job Opening
US Pay Range