Update: This job has been filled.
Plotly Dash Skills: Experience with data visualization and Python
Title: Software Development Internship
Category: Full Time (September 1st - Dec 31st, 2022)
Location: Montreal or Vancouver, Canada (Hybrid)
Experience: Entry level
Application: Link to apply
Duration: Fall (September 1st - Dec 31st)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Plotly’s Dash Enterprise makes it easy for data professionals to deliver high-quality data-rich applications. Plotly’s professional consulting group, Plotly Services, is there to help our customers realize this power faster.
As a product company, Plotly provides a platform and set of frameworks to empower people working in data-intensive careers. Whether Dash Enterprise is being used as a front-end for a custom Data Science platform or as a seamless and engaging distribution method for Excel models and reports, our customers see a radical improvement with productivity and results. Plotly Service consultants engage with our customers to make the most out of Dash Enterprise, diving into DataViz best practices, UI/UX and design, scaling to large data volumes and much more.
Plotly Services often works with our most valued customers and in this role, you’ll be developing the most critical relationships we have as a company. You’ll get to work with bright minds at the largest firms in many industries, gain insight into how data science is being done at a multitude of firms and develop skills delivering the last mile of data science.
We’re looking for people who like to engage, listen and learn; you’re comfortable with managing time and relationships, and you love data visualization and are always ready to accept a challenge.
- Engage with and listen to customers regularly.
- Build Dash Apps that solve an end user’s problem with attention to UI/UX and application performance.
- Build custom Dash components.
- Do backflips with Python Pandas.
- Learn and test new technology.
- Write reports, provide updates and generally be a great team player.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Love and have experience with dataviz.
- Love and have experience with Python.
- Have 2+ years software development experience.
- Have an understanding of and interest in various web application stacks.
- Enjoy a diversity of people, projects and challenges.
- Want to gain more experience leading projects and inhabiting a professional role.
- Adapt to new situations and technologies quickly.
- Always think about the end user experience.
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Membership in an exciting and vigorous open-source ecosystem: most or all of what you will work on will be publicly available forever
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy