Plotly Dash Skills: workspace experience with code editors, Jupyter notebooks, visual layout designers, and visual chart controls.
Title: Intermediate Software Engineer
Category: Full time
Location: Canada (Remote)
Experience: 5+ years experience in professional software development
Application: Link to apply
Summary of role:
Plotly has been a pioneer and is a leader in providing tools to help data scientists and data analysts maximize their productivity and share their amazing insights. We are accelerating our mission, and are looking to you to be part of our world class team of engineers, product managers, and designers. We are a tight knit but rapidly growing team where you can have immediate meaningful impact.
The data science community is diverse in skill set, what they are trying to accomplish, and their preferences for tools and workflows. We’re looking for someone that can help us pull together our toolset in a way that smoothly serves the needs of users, starting with those who are doing basic exploratory data analysis, through those building sophisticated interactive data applications. Building beautiful, highly performant UI that serves a diverse range of users and use cases isn’t easy. You will be energized by this challenge and recognize that there are lots of fun and interesting technical problems to solve.
Technologies you will work with:
- Improve the functionality and UX of the Dash Workspace and IDE. Our core workspace experience includes code editors, Jupyter notebooks, visual layout designers, and visual chart controls.
- Help define and execute a roadmap to make our solutions performant and scalable,
- Collaborate with multiple teams working on important customer features
- Work with product managers, designers and developers to understand user interactions and to develop modern, intuitive user interfaces for our products
- Work in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source code control and process documentation
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
- 5+ years experience in professional software development, ideally some of which you’ve spent in dynamic early stage companies
- Experience owning technically challenging and demanding cross-functional projects, and bringing those projects from concept to completion
- Experience across the entire stack, from backend to frontend (we know you will probably have a preference, and we definitely want to hear it)
- Ability to make technical decisions quickly, while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Ability to self direct and work effectively in a fully remote work environment
- Habit of self reflection, and understanding what’s helped you be successful in the past
- Interest and/or experience with developer tools, including IDE’s, Jupyter, and visual layout and component controls.
- Interest, or better yet, passion for data analysis and data visualization.
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure like Azure, AWS or GCP