Plotly Dash Skills: Support our Data Science team’s use of Dash / Plotly & Jupyter server
Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Category: Full Time
Experience: 5-7 years of related experience
Application: Link to apply
Inspire is the world’s largest and fastest growing health community. With over 10 million annual users, patients and caregivers can discover a unique type of health and wellness support. Inspire also accelerates medical progress by connecting patients with researchers and physicians working to discover breakthrough treatments.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Inspire, the largest social network for patients and caregivers, is hiring an Engineer to join our collaborative, curious, forward-looking team, to extend and manage the infrastructure of our websites and related systems. You will be a force multiplier for our engineering and data science departments, supporting them and the technology they’re using.
The products we develop help people in very tangible ways, so if you are looking to join a group of creative individuals developing a product that makes a real difference in people’s lives, then this is the role for you!
WHAT WE NEED
The Inspire stack runs on AWS technologies, including SageMaker Pipeline, Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3, Aurora, Redshift, SNS/SQS, ALB and CloudFormation, and includes Debian and Ubuntu servers, Apache, Nginx, GitHub Enterprise, Jenkins, Terraform, Dash, Plotly, Jupyter and more! You will be in hog heaven, building, enhancing and continuing to modernize our systems!
You will also be a shining light on the path of our developers, helping them understand how to navigate our complex environment, fostering independence by teaching them to fish (no! really!), and terrify them with your in-depth knowledge of sysadmin arcana involving ssh, git, bash, perl, python, docker, CloudFormation, networking and so on – the usual tools of the modern sysadmin.
We are searching for a creative thinker with a passion for getting things done. The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience with and/or interest in the following:
- AWS services - Not necessarily all of them, but see above for the main ones we use today
- You have, or at least aspire to achieve an AWS Certification(s).
- Conversant in IAM, CloudFormation and knows the difference between EBS and Elastic BeanStalk.
- Care and feeding of a Jenkins CI/CD server and/or GitHub Actions.
- Know how to use git and github.
- Familiarity with Docker containers, ECS and EKS
- Team-oriented attitude; ready to collaborate with a team of developers and answer questions
- Building tools to automate and streamline processes
- Proven experience with setup and systems administration of Ubuntu and Debian (apt-based) servers
- Can describe the advantages and liabilities of Terraform and CloudFormation
- Using Ansible for server configuration and maintenance
- Support our Data Science team’s use of Dash / Plotly & Jupyter server
- Disaster planning and recovery; ensuring the continuity of our business no matter what happens
- System health and performance monitoring, and data collection
- Log and security reviews
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities
You might not actually have experience in all of these things, but will definitely have the interest and ability to explore, learn new things and make it work. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Inspire, we are connecting patients and caregivers to help our members find answers, find a community that truly understands their experiences and through empathy and support really enables human connection and empowerment that drives patient centricity. Our Engineering team is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to work with a team to create the premier platform for patients and caregivers to connect with one another and support each other throughout their personal health journey.
- Extending and maintaining complex systems involving multiple components.
- Building RESTful API services and clients.
- Working in a very supportive and collaborative Agile team environment that values your ideas, opinions, curiosity, and creativity
- Helping to improve our code quality through unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Participating in brainstorming sessions and contributing ideas which enhance our technology, algorithms and products
- Evaluating new technologies and helping to modernize our technical infrastructure
- Working with our Product team to understand requirements for new products and features
WHAT WE NEED: (required and preferred skills)
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Strong application development background.
- Work experience as a Python developer.
- Experience with building and operating a modern REST API.
- Comfortable working with Linux command line tools and bash shell.
- Good experience working with ORM technologies like SqlAlchemy.
- Experience using the different cloud service providers, especially AWS
- Experience using container solutions like Docker.
- Hands-on experience with Jira, Git, Jenkins, or other CI/CD tools.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience with test automation using pytest.
- Familiarity with secure coding guidelines and standards.
- Effective communication in person and over text.