Plotly Dash Skills: Manipulate data and visualize insights from large data sets with Plotly Dash.
Company: Albemarle Corporation
Title: Digitalization Specialist
Category: Full time
Location: Clear Lake, Texas, USA (on site)
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Application: Link to apply
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Are you ready to move your career forward and help shape our company’s and customers’ futures?
If you aspire to challenge yourself, work with the best in the industry and join a successful team where you can make a meaningful contribution, then we invite you to join us at Ketjen Corporation, a provider of advanced catalyst solutions to leading producers in the petrochemical, refining, and specialty chemicals industries. Together, we can create a legacy marked by innovation, excitement, and energy.
Ketjen Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Albemarle Corporation, is seeking a Digitalization Specialist. This position will report to the Modeling Manager and will be based at our office in Clear Lake, TX.
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Play a key role in bringing interaction between our customers and our technical consultants to the next level, by establishing connections between our own and customer’s data systems.
- Collaborate with our team comprising technical specialists, statistics experts, process modeling engineers and application developers.
- Build systems and tools to collect, clean up and translate data to a format that feeds into our product application models.
- Automate the process of model input and output to visualize and translate into a user-friendly format, e.g. by setting up internal and external dashboards.
- Deploy new ways to store customer unit monitoring data in a to-be built system enabling access for historic comparisons and technical proposals.
- Occasionally be involved in projects with our Business organization to help create market projections based on various available data sources.
- Support and/or build tools to make the data accessible for our internal stakeholders and extract valuable information out of this database; i.e. using Big Data & Artificial Intelligence concepts.
- Help facilitate the adoption and use of data processing tools and systems by providing information, training and support to our user community.
- Support our digitalization strategy by continuously innovating our data processes and following up on new developments in the data science field.
Education And Experience
- MSc in Data Science, Informatics, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields; strong BSc candidates with proven experience will also be considered.
- A degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred; professional certifications in Data Science or Business Intelligence are considered a plus.
- Relevant work experience (industry, research, consulting, etc); 3+ years of industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of or affinity with chemical engineering, process technology, Industry 4.0 and/or IIoT is strongly desired.
- Proven experience in data science, modeling, programming and/or visualization.
- Familiar with Big Data/Artificial Intelligence concepts and how to bring these into practice.
- Strong mathematical skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and analytical mindset with problem-solving aptitude.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- Project management experience, working on a team, reporting to stakeholders.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative, driven to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture, e.g. object oriented programming (OOP) and unified modeling language (UML).
- Experience working with and creating data architectures, data warehouse design and data mining (e.g. Microsoft SQL, Aveva PI, SAP HANA, Salesforce).
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI), online analytical processing (OLAP) and extract, transform, load (ETL) framework (e.g. Alteryx, Kettle).
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages (e.g. R, Python, SLQ) to manipulate data and visualize insights from large data sets (e.g. Shiny, Plotly, Dash).
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages (e.g. VBA, Fortran).
- Experience building user interfaces / front-end development (e.g. PowerBI, Power Apps, Excel).
- Application development management skills (e.g. Agile/Scrum, DevOps).