Plotly Dash Skills: Demonstrated web-based frameworks, particularly Plotly and Dash, for crafting interactive and visually engaging data dashboards.
Title: Data Ingestion and Analytics Consultant
Category: 144 working days between 01 November 2023 and 15 October 2024
Location: Switzerland (remote)
Experience: 3 years of relevant working experience
Application: Link to apply
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an advocate
Scope of work
Purpose of Activity/Assignment
The Programme, Planning & Data Section (PP&D) of ECARO is seeking a skilled ‘Data Ingestion and Analytics Consultant’ to play a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of data initiatives for the TransMonEE (Transformative Monitoring for Enhanced Equity) database and website (www.transmonee.org). This role is integral to UNICEF’s commitment to providing timely and reliable information for evidence-based policies and programmes. The consultant will undertake data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) techniques for the ECA Regional Database for Children, ensuring accuracy using real-time and batch methodologies. The consultant will also address ETL errors promptly, including handling adjustments to API requests and other source-related issues.
Additionally, the Consultant will undertake creating and enhancing key data products, such as the TransMonEE dashboard. This web-based platform offers stakeholders direct access to interactive data and visualizations derived from the ECA Regional Database for Children. Ensuring data accuracy across TransMonEE initiatives is another crucial aspect of this role. This involves updating information for over 800 indicators linked to child rights in Europe and Central Asia. In summary, the consultant will play a central role in maintaining data consistency and accessibility, driving effective decision-making and impactful change.
Activity and Deliverables
This role amalgamates expertise from diverse domains to effectively contribute to UNICEF’s mission of advancing child rights monitoring and evidence-based policy development. The consultant will undertake pivotal responsibilities across multiple dimensions:
- Data Ingestion and ETL Programming: The consultant will be responsible for maintaining and developing the ETL process, including reviewing existing data sources, generating error reports, harmonizing diverse data sources, and applying specific data transformation and validation processes. Clear documentation of the ETL process in SharePoint will be a key aspect of this role.
- Development of Dashboards and Visualizations: The consultant will play a pivotal role in developing and enhancing the TransMonEE dashboard and other data visualizations. Proficiency in web development skills, particularly using Plotly and Dash, will be essential to create interactive and visually appealing data representations for the website that provide valuable insights to users.
- Updating and maintaining the master file that will serve as a basis for the evolution of the ECA CRM framework indicators.
- Documentation and Replicable Methodology: Rigorous documentation of the Python-driven ETL process is paramount to ensure a seamless workflow. Adhering to a structured programmatic approach ensures consistency and efficiency.
- Data Product Enhancement and Innovation: The consultant’s role may expand to include the research and development of new products and innovative solutions in alignment with the evolving needs of the Programme, Planning & Data Section. The consultant will also develop a country snapshot webpage and CRC recommendations component or page.
This combined skill set empowers the consultant to enrich the TransMonEE database, create impactful visualizations, and contribute to UNICEF’s mission of advancing child rights monitoring and evidence-based policy development.
Estimated Duration of the Contract
144 working days from 01 November 2023 to 15 October 2024
Consultant’s Workplace and Official Travel
This is a home based consultancy with no travel.
Estimated Cost of the Consultancy & Payment Schedule
Payment of professional fees will be based on submission of agreed deliverables. UNICEF reserves the right to withhold payment in case the deliverables submitted are not up to the required standard or in case of delays in submitting the deliverables on the part of the consultant. Please propose a Professional Fee for 144 working days between 01 November 2023 to 15 October 2024 to undertake this assignment.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- First university degree (Bachelor’s) in Data science, data engineering or related field is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Proven proficiency as a Python Developer, leveraging extensive expertise in data analytics and visualization - Dash, Tableau and Power BI.
- Established track record of designing, developing, and maintaining complex ETL processes, ensuring the precision and comprehensiveness of integrated data.
- Fluent in the English language.
Desirable experience and skills
- Demonstrated web-based frameworks, particularly Plotly and Dash, for crafting interactive and visually engaging data dashboards.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in child rights monitoring indicators relevant to the ECA region, utilizing this understanding to inform data analytics and data ingestion strategies.
- Keen problem-solving acumen, coupled with the ability to work independently and remotely on intricate technical projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate seamless collaboration, reporting, and documentation.