Plotly Dash Skills: Develop sophisticated analysis, insights and dashboards.
Company: Springer Nature Group
Title: Data Analyst
Category: Full time
Location: Beijing, Beijing, China (Hybrid)
Experience: 3-5 years
Application: Link to apply
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
DEPARTMENT: Data & Analytics Solutions (DAS)
REPORTS TO: Group Product Manager
LOCATION: Beijing, China
Springer Nature is seeking a Data Analyst in China for its highly-regarded Nature Research Intelligence (NRI) Portfolio.
The Data Analyst will be part of the Greater China and South Korea (GCSK) Data & Analytics Solutions Product Management Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team expanding from strong foundations into new solutions. We are looking for an individual that is able to independently drive analysis drawing on the wider global team where necessary.
Nature Research Intelligence brings together a suite of products (Nature Index, Nature Strategy Report and Nature Navigator) to address questions posed by universities, government and corporate entities to drive their strategic advancement. This role will be responsible for the ongoing delivery of big data analysis to provide insight into the world of research, which is an essential part of promoting and accomplishing the NRI portfolio for Chinese customers. You’ll also help us to better understand the status quo of research in China, as well as the pain points of the strategic partners in China’s research world. You’ll be working with the AI expert in China, and the data analysts, scientists and engineers and researchers from the global team. You’ll be working with the latest data and analytics technologies including graph databases, BigQuery, Looker and Plotly Dash as well as previewing solutions from Google and other partners.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the business to shape and implement solutions in support of business objectives
- Developing sophisticated analysis, insights and dashboards that support Springer Nature and its customers to advance discovery.
- Implementing cutting-edge analytics and data science solutions in partnership with the wider team
- Deep understanding of the responsible products; conduct research on competitors and prepare competitor analysis
- Determine sales and marketing strategies for the established and emerging markets
- Identify new market segments as well as new products that might serve as valuable add-ons to the NRI portfolio
- Support team leader to represent NRI portfolio internally and externally
- Work on other database products assigned by the team leader, such as SpringerMaterials, including research fields analysis, user needs analysis, usage analysis, and market analysis to support the development of the specific database product, in close coordination with colleagues in Asia, Europe and the US
- University education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine, and related fields
- 3-5 years experience in analytics
- Good working knowledge of SQL and Python
- Demonstrable experience in using data insights and analytics to add tangible value in achieving the wider goals and strategy of the business
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- Beneficial but not essential: Statistics data science or coding experience, Google data products (Data studio, Looker, BigQuery, Dataform, Colab, Google Analytics), visualization products (e.g. Tableau)
If you are interested in this role but do not meet all of the requirements we would still encourage you to apply.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams and work to build an inclusive culture, where people are treated fairly and can bring their differences to work and thrive. We empower our colleagues and value their diverse perspectives as we strive to attract, nurture and develop the very best talent.
Springer Nature was awarded Diversity Team of the Year at the 2022 British Diversity Awards. Find out more about our DEI work here.
If you have any access needs related to disability, neurodivergence or a chronic condition, please contact us so we can make all necessary accommodation.