Plotly Dash Skills: You’ll be working with the latest data and analytics technologies such as Plotly Dash
Company: Springer Nature Group
Title: Data Analyst
Category: Full Time
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Experience: Not specified
Application: Link to apply
Springer Nature is seeking a Senior Data Analyst for its highly-regarded Data and Analytics Solutions group. The group meets the needs of Springer Nature’s Research division which includes Nature, Springer, BioMedCentral and Scientific American as well as developing new data products for the research community. This is an exciting opportunity as Data and Analytics looks to expand from strong foundations into new solutions, and we are looking for someone that is able to independently lead and drive work drawing on the wider global team where necessary.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll be analysing big data from very highly trafficked websites and content. You will provide actionable analysis and insight into the behaviour of researchers in both their roles as authors and users of scientific information as well as general trends in the world of research. Driving change that improves their experience with SpingerNature and our customers, contributing to our purpose to advance discovery with some of the most interesting datasets available. You’ll be working in close partnership with data analysts, consultants, scientists and engineers and researchers from Springer Nature, leading universities and our technology partners including Google. You’ll be working with the latest data and analytics technologies including graph databases, BigQuery, Looker and Plotly Dash as well as previewing solutions from Google and other partners.
Role Responsibilities Will Include
- Developing sophisticated analysis, visualizations and dashboards that support Springer Nature and its customers to advance discovery.
- Implementing cutting edge analytics and data science solutions in partnership with the wider team
- Consulting with stakeholders throughout the business to shape and implement solutions in support of business objectives
- Play a key role in shaping solutions, creating the right governance and safety checks to maintain tracking accuracy
- University degree with a strong analytical/quantitative background or equivalent experience (e.g. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics, Computer Science etc.)
- Good working knowledge of SQL and Python
- Demonstrable experience of using data insights and analytics to add tangible value in achieving the wider goals and strategy of the business
- Excellent analytical problem solving capabilities coupled with business acumen
- Well organized and accurate with good time management
- Statistics, data science or coding experience is beneficial but not essential
- Familiarity with Google data products (Datastudio, Looker, BigQuery, Dataform, Colab, Google Analytics) beneficial but not essential
- Provide training to the wider analytic community and mentor junior roles