Best way to organize and build several apps for different clients?

Hello!

I really love working with dash. The speed of getting a working product up and running along with the full power of python is exactly what I’ve dreamed of.

However, I’m honestly not too knowledgeable on the “deploying” side of things. Right now, most apps have been built using Django with something like d3 or other charting, depending on need. Sometimes setting up a flask or even just a dash app with gunicorn on the client’s server.

My question is, what would be the best way to be to go about quickly and easily creating and deploying lots of “unrelated” apps. Would it be wise to have them all under one domain and letting clients have a subdomain i.e. theclient.thebusiness.com/theirapp should they all run from one server with flask application dispatching?

Maybe put a simpler way, what is the best way to organize and serve 100 or so dash apps to a dozen or so clients?

This is just admittedly outside my realm as someone that have just been building dash apps.

Thanks for any and all answers!

Glad you’re enjoying Dash!

I’m biased, but I’d recommend licensing Dash Enterprise to help manage access control at this level of commercial scale.

Dash Enterprise would install on a single server or a cluster of servers. All of your Dash apps would be managed from a central place. The deployment, URL routing and authorization would be handled automatically by the platform (no need to build this into the individual Dash apps). Individual clients would have their own login to the platform. You would manage access to each app by their username.

The URL structure would be e.g. dash.thebusiness.com/the-client-app-1, dash.thebusiness.com/the-client-app-2, etc.

If clients have multiple apps, then they could view all of their apps in the App Portal. This would only display the apps that they have access to.

I’d encourage you to reach out to our team to see a demo and discuss more :slight_smile: