Using react-chart-editor within dash

Hi, I’d like to incorporate some interactive filters into one of my dash apps, and the Filter Transform from Online Graph Maker · Plotly Chart Studio are exactly the type of thing I’d like to achieve.

I’ve had a go at cloning GitHub - plotly/react-chart-editor: Customizable React-based editor panel for Plotly charts and running the demo, as well as running the boilerplate demo from GitHub - plotly/dash-component-boilerplate: Get started creating your own Dash components here., and this has all been fine. However I’m a bit lost when it comes to trying to incorporate such a large set of components, with so many dependencies, into dash, especially as I have no previous experience with JavaScript.

Has anyone tried to do this before, or have any idea how achievable this would be?

1 Like

Hey man, did you have any luck with this.

I was hoping to integrate this within my dash app. However I have very little JS experience.
The only workaround I can think of is hosting this app separately and at a different url path

No, I looked into a bit more and it seemed like a a job for an experienced JavaScript developer, well beyond my abilities. I never found an alternative either as I became busy with a different project

1 Like