"Updating..." in the browser tab

I included a dcc.Interval in my app that updates once a second. It works great, but the only problem is the Chrome tab blinks “Updating…” once per second and it’s so distracting I can’t keep my own app open. How do I turn this off?
Thanks,
Alex.

3 Likes

Hi Alex

I had the same problem. I found a way to stop the word “Updating…” flashing in the chrome tab and instead statically display my app title. It does involve changing the source code though.

You need to change line 31540 in dash_renderer.dev.js. You should be able to find this file in the dash_renderer folder of your site-packages folder.

All I did was change this:

createClass(DocumentTitle, [{
key: “componentWillReceiveProps”,
value: function componentWillReceiveProps(props) {
if (Object(ramda__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_1
_[“any”])(function ® {
return r.status === ‘loading’;
}, props.requestQueue)) {
document.title = ‘Updating…’;
} else {
document.title = this.state.initialTitle;
}
}
},

to this:

createClass(DocumentTitle, [{
key: “componentWillReceiveProps”,
value: function componentWillReceiveProps(props) {
if (Object(ramda__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_1
_[“any”])(function ® {
return r.status === ‘loading’;
}, props.requestQueue)) {
} else {
}
}
},

I’m not sure of any wider implications from making this change, but it did solve the issue for me. Hope this might help you also.

Cheers
John

2 Likes

This feature is now available in dash==1.14.0 (📣 Dash v1.14.0 Released - Update the Tab's Title, Removing the "Updating..." Messages, Updated DataTable Link Behavior) and is documented in http://dash.plotly.com/external-resources. Look for the title= and update_title= . See the “Customizing Dash’s Document or Browser Tab Title”, " Update the Document Title Dynamically based off of the URL or Tab", and “Customizing or Removing Dash’s “Updating…” Message” sections.

1 Like