Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
Dash HoloViews is now available! Check out the docs.

Serve assets directory from server?

is there any way to specify assets folder path to server locally?

You can use the assets_folder keyword: app = dash.Dash(__name__, assets_folder='files/assets').

1 Like

can you give a example at a glance?
Example, my directory tree as below:

app

• App
    . component 1

. subcomponent1
    . subflask.py

.dashapp.py
    .assets

. component2

• lib

• gentallia.py

getallia.py is main file, I run project by python gentallia.py. In dashapp.py, I init a dash object by dash_app = Dash(__name__, server = app, assets_folder = 'assets'). But it seems not to be run, what should I do? Thank you

Network snipped as

Output of terminal is bellow

My problem is that, if I locate flask_app modul and dash_app modul in the same directory, it works. But when I put them in different folder, it doesnot work

Have you tried setting the assets_folder to the relative path from you main file?
If you run genitallia.py, what happens if you set the path to App/component1/subcomponent1/assets (based on the tree you mentionned)

I tried, but it notice that the local version is not found. Then, I add manually by using init
app = Dash(__name__, external_stylesheets=external_stylesheets, external_scripts=external_scripts)
It got those css and js files I pass to external_stylesheets and external_scripts.
But I didnot work.
The network and console as bellow figure:

The console:

I dont know why because if I create an app.py same directory with the dashapp, it work. But when I used in my project, it didnot work