✊🏿 Black Lives Matter. Please consider donating to Black Girls Code today.
⚡️ Concerned about the grid? Kyle Baranko teaches how to predicting peak loads using XGBoost. Register for the August webinar!

Radarchart Trace Error

I’m using plotly’s 4.7.1 version and trying the radar chart examples from here:

However, I always keep getting this error when I want to display the radar chart:

Error: Trace type must be one of the following:
‘scatter’, ‘box’, ‘bar’, ‘heatmap’, ‘histogram’, ‘histogram2d’, ‘histogram2dcontour’, ‘pie’, ‘contour’, ‘scatterternary’, ‘sankey’, ‘scatter3d’, ‘surface’, ‘mesh3d’, ‘scattergeo’, ‘choropleth’, ‘scattergl’, ‘pointcloud’, ‘heatmapgl’, ‘parcoords’, ‘scattermapbox’, ‘carpet’, ‘scattercarpet’, ‘contourcarpet’, ‘ohlc’, ‘candlestick’, ‘area’

Any ideas why this is happening?

I think the issue was, that I need to install via github to get the latest version (4.7.1.9000). Seems to work, but I get this error message (using the examples):

No scatterpolar mode specifed:
Setting the mode to markers
Read more about this attribute -> https://plot.ly/r/reference/#scatter-mode

However, it displays the chart.

Hi @cthielen

You’ll need the dev version 4.7.1.900 - install with devtools::install_github("ropensci/plotly")

Plotly’s latest CRAN release 4.7.1 uses an older version of plotly.js (v1.29.2). Whereas, scatterpolar trace type were added in plotly.js v1.33.0. The dev version (4.7.1.900) of the R package uses the latest plotly.js release (v1.35.2)