Plotly.js package fails to install via npm install

The plotly.js package cannot be installed via npm install command on my pc. I am unsure whether this is just an issue with my environment. It appears that the install fails when it tries to add the mapbox-gl dependencies.
I do not have any issues with other installation packages that use github etc. I have quite an extensive list of dependencies that I’ve been able to install for my projects but this is the first instance of a failure like this.
Any help would be appreciated.
I’ve attached the npm error log below:

$ npm install plotly.js --save
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-sh aders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb: Cloning into bare re pository ‘c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb’…
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-sh aders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb: ssh: Could not resol ve hostname github.com: Name or service not known
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-sh aders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb: fatal: Could not rea d from remote repository.
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-sh aders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb:
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-sh aders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb: Please make sure you have the correct access rights
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-sh aders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb: and the repository e xists.
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-style-spec.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221: Cloning into bare repository ‘c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221’…
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-style-spec.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221: ssh: Could not resolve hostname github.com: Name or service not known
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-style-spec.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-style-spec.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221:
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-style-spec.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221: Please make sure you have the correct access rights
npm ERR! git clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-style-spec.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-style-spec-git-dc5a5221: and the repository exists.
npm ERR! Windows_NT 6.3.9600
npm ERR! argv “C:\nodejs\node.exe” “c:\nodejs\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js” “install” “plotly.js” "–save"
npm ERR! node v4.5.0
npm ERR! npm v2.15.9
npm ERR! code 128

npm ERR! Command failed: git -c core.longpaths=true clone --template=c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes_templates --mirror git@github.com:mapbox/mapbox-gl-shaders.git c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb
npm ERR! Cloning into bare repository ‘c:\nodejs\npm-cache_git-remotes\git-github-com-mapbox-mapbox-gl-shaders-git-017174eb’…
npm ERR! ssh: Could not resolve hostname github.com: Name or service not known
npm ERR! fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Please make sure you have the correct access rights
npm ERR! and the repository exists.
npm ERR!
npm ERR!
npm ERR! If you need help, you may report this error at:
npm ERR! https://github.com/npm/npm/issues

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! C:\projects\ib-tier1\npm-debug.log

Can you try running

npm install mapbox-gl

?

Have tried that. It also fails to install mapbox-gl
Seems to indicate a problem installing that package in a long directory structure on a Windows PC.
I can manually unzip mapbox-gl from github and install it, but that is not really practical for us.

You might want to open a new issue here -> https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-js/issues/new

I’ve raised an issue against mapbox-gl. Will let you know if their dev teams recommend any course of action on the plotly end.
mapbox-gl fails to install via npm #3288 --> https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-js/issues/3288

Thanks!