Plot RGB image-video with VTK

Hello,

I am trying to make a video renderer in my Dash application using the VTK component library (I am open to suggestions if a better alternative to VTK exists).
Specifically, I am trying to have a video player that can play 2D videos (multiple sequantial images in RGB format) while also providing the user with some controls over the video playback (play/pause/forward/backward/set frames per second/set contract/set brightness, etc, to name a few), maybe through mouse actions (preferable) or a sidebar menu.
Also, I should be able, at a later time, to add anotations to the video (frame-per-frame or any other way).
I’ve been looking into the VTK component library and, so far, I have not found a way to deploy what I am attempting.
On the other hand, I see multiple projects in the Dash Community Gallery that somewhat resemble what I am after.

Perhaps it would be better to design a custom video player on my own?

Hi Kon2
I am also interested in such a rendering app. Did you manage to build it ? I would be interested to know about the result.
Have a nice day

Hello,
I ended up going a diferent route to make a video renderer in my Dash app instead of relying on VTK or any other Dash library. In essense, I build my own video player using Javascript/React and imported it as a component in Dash (Dash offers that ability and even has some boilerplate code to start you with). I had to do this as I wanted some very specific functionalities and I could not find them in any -already available- dash component.