I am looking to get orca running in PyCharm on a Windows machine. I have working version of the code on a mac (also in PyCharm), however I have been unable to get plolty to find the location of the orca executable in Windows.
I have tried the following:
- followed the standalone binary install instructions for windows
- specified a local and global path to the setup executable, for example:
plotly.io.orca.config.executable = "orca Setup 1.2.1.exe"
- specified a local and global path to the .lnk file (using the same format as above)
- install orca through PyCharm’s project interpreter
- unsuccessfully tried installing orca through conda (conda does not show up in the command prompt)
However, after trying the above solutions, I get the following error (indicating the orca executable cannot be found):
The orca executable is required to export figures as static images, but it could not be found on the system path. Searched for executable 'C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/volGraphs/graphs/orca Setup 1.2.1.exe' on the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\iCLS\ ...
I am new to Windows devices and would love any advice! Is there a problem with my path declaration? Would installing through npm or conda solve this issue and not require specifying a path?
Thanks in advance!