Heroku Deployment Blank on Mobile

Hello! I am still quite new to Dash. I am very new to deploying with Heroku. However, I successfully deployed a basic app today, and it works (mostly)- yay!

Sadly, I am running into 1 issue: the app only works on my desktop. When I try to pull it up on my phone, the screen is totally blank. Has anyone run into this before?

Hi Kelly (@kelly_gfc ),
I have not run into this. Hopefully someone else has. Does your app have anything special, layout-wise? Is this something you can share a link of, or is it private?

Have you set the viewport in the meta tags like so? I don’t know the specifics of how the viewport works, but this fixed other mobile viewing bugs I’ve experienced.

app = dash.Dash(
    __name__,
    use_pages=True,
    external_stylesheets=[
        dbc.themes.FLATLY,
        dbc.icons.FONT_AWESOME
    ],
    meta_tags=[
        {
            'name': 'viewport',
            'content': 'width=device-width, initial-scale=1'
        }
    ]
)

Thank you for the suggestion! I did not previously… I just tried adding that and no luck.

hey Adam! Hmm… I don’t think so… Some things I’m using: dash_auth, favicon, logo in the header, dbc alert, rows and columns… Here is a link to the app: https://gfc-extrusion-tracker.herokuapp.com, the authentication is:
username =
PW =

Thank you for your time and help!

@kelly_gfc I just signed in on my phone and it worked fine.

Thank you for testing it! It just worked for me too… strange. :thinking:

hi @kelly_gfc
it worked for me as well. I’m glad we solved this mystery :wink:

Haha. My apologies for the false alarm… @raptorbrad, @AnnMarieW and @adamschroeder

The only theory that I have right now is that I was testing it at work and maybe the wifi was blocking it… once I was off campus it worked for me as well. :sweat_smile:

Thank you all for your help!!

Kelly,
On that same note, heads-up that some of my apps did not work when I tried to run them locally at my previous job. I found out that it was because of the in-company ad-blocker and anti-virus.

1 Like