Error with Dash 1.11?

Hey everybody,

I have a problem using Dash 1.11. Several error messages occur like the ones below and the application does not work.
The application runs without any error using Dash 1.10. Does anyone know the reason for this error message?

A nonexistent object was used in an Output of a Dash callback. The id of this object is type-select-0 and the property is style. The string ids in the current layout are: [url, sidebar, navbar-title-container, … OUTPUT PROPERTIES…, subgroupName, button_define, subgroup_table, count-msg, pat-info-text]

(This error originated from the built-in JavaScript code that runs Dash apps. Click to see the full stack trace or open your browser’s console.)

:rescue_worker_helmet:A nonexistent object was used in an Input of a Dash callback. The id of this object is slider_width_graph_0 and the property is value. The string ids in the current layout are: [url, sidebar, navbar-title-container,… INPUT PROPERTIES…, resize-graphs]17:55:45

:rescue_worker_helmet:A nonexistent object was used in an Output of a Dash callback. The id of this object is filter-and-subgroup-container and the property is className. The string ids in the current layout are: [url, sidebar, navbar-title-container,… OUTPUT PROPERTIES…, resize-graphs]17:55:45

:rescue_worker_helmet:Invalid prop for this component17:55:45

I am getting the exact same issue. Very strange since I am suppressing callback exceptions. All I did was update to the latest version of dash for the pattern matching callbacks.

Check out the discussion in 📣 Dash v1.11.0 Release - Introducing Pattern-Matching Callbacks. Some of these issues were errors that were being logged in the console but not displayed as a pop up, others are regressions in how we treat callbacks with no inputs on the page that we’re fixing in 1.12.0 this week. All the details are in the thread i liked above, and if you think there is a case we haven’t covered in that discussion then please share a minimal reproducible example. thanks!

2 Likes