Editable vs focused when writing into table-cells

Hi,
I’m very new to dash and completely new to the plotly community, so please bear with me if this is obvious or answered elsewhere (I have done my best to find the answer both here and by googling.

I have recently built an app relying on the dash.Datatable. I’m trying to figure out how to set how the “behaviour” of the cursor when editing/writing data into a cell.

From what I have gathered (and confirmed by testing), if I click the cell once and start typing the old contents will be deleted and new text inserted. My challenge is that if I mistype and press backspace there is no visual feedback, but it seems all newly entered text is removed. I think this mode is called focused.

If I doubleclick I get a text cursor and backspace behaves “normally”. I think this mode is called “edit”.

Based on this I have 2 questions.

1. Is it possible to make a setting so that when the user starts typing the mode changes to edit-mode?
  2. Is it possible to make a setting so that the default when entering a cell is edit-mode? (fallback if 1 is not possible).

I’m on dash 1.10, if upgrading to newer versions would help it is a possible solution.

Thanks

I have updated to the most recent version and it didn’t help. Any other advice on this?