I just want to know if this is possible with the free resources from Plotly. I am a student and want to build a project where I…
- Call an API for JSON data every 6 seconds.
- Work that data into a Dataframe that updates with every API response.
- Informs a graph that updates each time the new data is received.
- Put that stuff into a Django app and deploy it
So far, I have completed steps 1 and 2, and I was able to put 1 API-response-worth of data into a plotly express graph on google colab. Here is a link where my API data is replaced by random numbers, it runs inside a for loop to simulate the intervalic API call, but it creates new graphs instead of updating the original graph: Google Colab
I’m just hoping for some guidance on:
- integrating Plotly with Django
- creating a graph that updates live while I run my loop calling API data (and how this would work on a live website)
- if I can do all this with the free libraries (again, this is a school project).