Dash Server Output

Hi

I am using the open source version of dash. When I first used it, it would print to the console a server post showing the IP etc of connections.

All of a sudden this has stopped working. I looked all through my code and can’t see anywhere where I might have turned it off.

Thanks
Stuart

This was changed a while back in this commit so that the underlying Werkzeug server now has its logger set to ERROR. Meaning that only log messages at the error message level or above are printed.

You can pass dev_tools_silence_routes_logging=False to run_server to change this back to how it was.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I still can’t get it o work, my line of code is:

app.run_server(debug=True, host=host_ip, dev_tools_silence_routes_logging=False)

But still get no output. The reason I need this is I am tracking who in our org connects.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have been looking for this option for quite a while. Thx a lot. I wonder if the majority of people does not prefer to have this by default. It makes it easier to understand if you have a bug in your callback, but just my case maybe.

My example here, and it works on my side :

if __name__ == "__main__":
    app.run_server(debug=True, dev_tools_silence_routes_logging = False)
1 Like

I managed to solve my problem. I had the following lines in my program and once I commented them out it worked as expected.

log = logging.getLogger(‘werkzeug’)
log.setLevel(logging.INFO)

1 Like