Dash Pattern-Matching/AIO Components Performance

This isn’t a question or a concern, really. Just wanted to espouse my newfound love for pattern-matching callbacks and All in one component structure… I’ve been working with Dash for a few months but I’m finally committing to developing a robust application rather than just a bunch of loosely tied together applications and building out custom logic for components and being able to reuse them/propagate changes across all of my apps is an absolute godsend. If you’re someone who hasn’t taken the plunge into learning about pattern-matching-callbacks, I can’t recommend them enough! That being said, I was wondering whether anyone has any idea of the limitations of such a component that might bring me back down to earth. I want to convert as much of my app’s logic over to this new format if possible, but before I do so, I’d like to see if there are any performance implications for doing something like that (i.e. increasing complexity at O(n^2) or something along those lines. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @dash-beginner

According to the docs,

Using All-in-One components that use 100+ components may slow down your app. This is a limitation of pattern-matching callbacks and we expect to fix this in the future.

Other than that, I personally haven’t experienced any limitations yet. But let’s see if the community has encountered any…

2 Likes