Plotly Dash Skills: Looking for developers to join a small team working on UI development in Plotly Dash
Title: UI Developer Python
Category: Full time
Location: UK (Remote)
Experience: Mid-Senior leve
Application: Link to apply
CGG Data Hub are looking for developers to join a small team working on UI development in Plotly Dash, although previous experience in Plotly Dash itself is not critical. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building performant dashboards, an understanding of modern UI design concepts with a strong understanding of pandas, NumPy as well as a working knowledge of SQL. You will be responsible for picking up a backlog of tasks and working within a team to solve issues as they arise.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic attitude towards learning and the flexibility to adapt to new challenges as well as efficiently managing your own time.
Data hub is a growing and dynamic team of scientists and developers who love solving complex problems. We provide leading edge technology solutions and services to solve our clients’ data transformation and analytics challenges across a range of industries including geothermal, environmental, hydrocarbon and mineral exploration. You will be working in an open and collaborative environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and develop. We have an informal team culture and believe work should be fun and rewarding.
You can choose between remote working or hybrid at either of our hub locations (North Wales or Crawley) and you will be working alongside our teams of data engineers, machine learning engineers and subject matter experts.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc, MSc or PhD in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science
- Related Computing subjects
The role will require knowledge in the following
- Web UI apps programming (e.g. Plotly Dash, Streamlit, Panel, Flask)
- SQL – query optimisation skills.
- Version control solutions (e.g. Git)
- Knowledge of development and security best practices
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- The ability to diagnose and fix bugs as well as improving performance and remove bottlenecks.
It would be beneficial but not mandatory to have:
- Experience of working with Linux and Docker
- REST API development
- Understanding of CI/CD principles
- Cloud services (Azure, AWS)