Plotly Dash Skills: Demonstrated experience with data visualization/development software Plotly and Dash
Company: Kansas City Chiefs
Title: Strategy & Analysis Data Scientist
Category: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA
Experience: Not specified
Application: Link to apply
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Scientist role plays an integral role in the Kansas City Chiefs organization. As a member of the Finance, Strategy and Analytics team you will support operations by developing statistical models and analyses for key revenue generating areas. Provide real time key insights and data visualization as well as utilizing data-supported recommendations to encourage growth.
- Develop and maintain a standard suite of reports that enable company executives and department leaders to effectively read the business
- Collaborate with the Information Technology team to develop applications that influence real-time, data-driven decision making
- Develop innovative analytical solutions to predict customer behaviors and recommend actions to drive desired outcomes as well as research key trends affecting our industries.
- Assist in ongoing quantitative analysis including dynamic pricing, retention, lead scoring, customer segmentation, financial modeling and sentiment analysis.
- Build informative dashboards for key partners via the department’s business data visualization solutions
- Work closely with data warehouse vendor to ensure data timeliness and accuracy.
- Evaluate new technologies and data sources for revenue generation and time/cost savings potential.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from a variety of business and football decision-makers.
- Identify opportunities to initiate new projects and research
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Change Management-Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitors transition.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Knowledge with a statistical computing language such as R or Python
- Experience building and troubleshooting complex statistical data models (ex- Regression, Neural Networks…)
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with database administration and schema design
- Ability to join and produce data from a variety of sources
- Experience with data visualization/ development software (Tableau, Power BI, Plotly)
- Ability to discover actionable insights from a dataset
- Problem solving capabilities for a wide variety of challenges
- Willingness to work collaboratively with others across the organization
- Able to work long/flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Familiarity with Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics CRM)