Plotly Dash Skills: Experience with Business Intelligence Platform tools like Plotly Dash
Title: Sr MgrInformatics
Category: Full time
Experience: Senior level
Application: Link to apply
Aetna’s Plan Sponsor Insights’ Strategic Solutions team is looking for a highly motivated Sr Manager, Informatics to join our team to design analytic solutions to address business problems. Strategic Solutions partners with business leaders and key stakeholders to optimize the achievement of strategic business objectives. In this role the candidate will be accountable for designing analytics, developing applications, project management, driving business results, and managing relationships for initiatives that impact the support we provide to Aetna customers focused on improving overall population health.
This senior individual contributor role is a part of the Aetna Plan Sponsor Insights (PSI) business, a team focused on providing data driven insights to Aetna’s commercial customers. The work environment supports and thrives on out-of-the box thinking, creative talent and a consultative approach. In addition to our Strategic Solutions team, our business unit consists of physician, clinical, well-being and analytic consultants, network analytics, and legacy reporting and is highly valued by our internal partners and key stakeholders. Eastern time zone required; position can be virtual.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for developing and delivering new capabilities to support health care analytics and reporting, benefits evaluations, and operational decision making by Aetna internal and external constituents. This work requires technical, analytic, and consultative skills.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Leverage Python to develop new reporting and analytics using healthcare (medical, pharmacy, lab) data
• Use analytics and technology to solve business needs as well as to demonstrate to customers the value of Aetna’s integration with CVS Health
• Work to expand, scale, and automate the analyses available to the broader team
• Define and deliver new technical capabilities in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive short- and long-term objectives
• Create business applications to deliver clinical or analytic solutions to constituents in a self-service fashion using Plotly Dash Enterprise
• Monitor and maintain applications and production processes required to deliver on business commitments
• Drive forward cloud-migration efforts and other enterprise modernization opportunities
• Refactor legacy programming code to improve turn-around-times and to take advantage of modern technologies
• Communicate analytical findings to key stakeholders in a way that is easy to understand and actionable
• Provide coaching, direction, feedback, and support of other matrixed team members
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 7+ years in a technical analytics/reporting role, with 2+ years of experience focusing in Python
• 5+ years of experience building reports, dashboards, and data models through reporting and business intelligence platforms
• Advanced SQL query development, working in a data warehouse environment as well as the ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources
• 3+ years of experience with cloud computing providers (Azure, GCP, AWS)
• 3+ years as a team lead and/or with project management experience
• Experience with Business Intelligence Platform tools like Plotly Dash, Streamlit, Tableau, Power BI, and Business Objects
• Experience migrating on-premise capabilities and analytical workflows to the cloud, leveraging cloud-native technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Knowledge of health care data and information systems, as well as an understanding of health care benefits and plan design
• Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams, especially the ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients and stakeholders
• Able to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
• Work refactoring programming code for performance, especially experience migrating older codebase to modern technologies
• Proficient with MS Office tools including Teams
• Degree in Healthcare, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Social Science, or Public Health related discipline preferred
• Masters degree preferred
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.