Plotly Dash Skills: Familiarity with the use of data visualization libraries such Plotly (highly desirable) and Dash (desirable)
Title: Software Developer
Category: Full Time
Location: Kurri Kurri, New South Wales, Australia (Hybrid)
Application: Link to apply
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation, and reimagining the way we work.
The BlastIQ System is industry leading technology enabling our customers to manage, execute and optimize all aspects of the drill and blast process at their operations. BlastIQ is the core, component of Orica’s Digital Solutions program.
We’re looking for a Software Developer to join our Data Science and Blast Modelling team within Orica’s Digital Solutions program. Your primary focus will be to provide effective web-based user interfaces for our data analytics and predictive modelling answer and insight products.
You will be working collaboratively with Developers, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and resource industry Subject Matter Experts to continuously ship value to our customers.
The Team is based at Orica’s Technical Centre, in the Newcastle region of New South Wales. Flexible working arrangements are available, this position affords a hybrid model of remote and office-based work. You will also be working with other teams geographically distributed across Australia and overseas.
- Contributing to the development of website applications and features, including interactive data visualizations
- Translating requirements and designs into high quality code
- Writing reusable code and libraries
- Collaborating with team members and stakeholders
- Coordinating UI deployments by following release and change processes
- Providing recommendations for development and UI structural enhancements
- Degree in Computer Science or similar related field
- 2+ years of app development experience (preferred), however recent graduates are also encouraged to apply
- Proficiency with relational databases and SQL
- An interest in data visualization
- Familiarity with the use of data visualization libraries such Plotly (highly desirable) and Dash (desirable)
- Proficiency with Git and Git workflows
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Agile development processes (Scrum desirable)
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.