Plotly Dash Skills: Proficiency in web UI development using Plotly Dash.
Title: Senior Bioinformatics Programmer
Category: Full time
Location: Emeryville, CA
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Application: Link to apply
We are seeking a Senior Bioinformatics Programmer/Software Engineer with experience in full stack development to partner with our scientific, bioinformatics, and automation teams to design, code, and optimize high-performance computing applications. Our ideal candidate will be excited about the potential to lead and grow software engineering support at Metagenomi, design high quality web apps for visualization and interaction with scientific data, and work with the automation and analytics team to optimize pipelines and databases to perform at scale.This role will be based in Emeryville, California.
How you’ll contribute:
- Work closely with Bioinformatics and Data Scientists to build solutions for automated data processing and sharing data analysis results with lab Scientists
- Lend software engineering expertise to building an integrated data platform
- Build out cloud infrastructure to support a connected lab platform and enable efficient, automated movement of raw and processed data
- Work with outside consultants and contractors to support automation and data analytics
- Leverage unit testing, code reviews, and version control software development expertise to deliver software solutions to a variety of scientific teams
- Coordinate and encourage standardized coding and data management best practices throughout the company
What you bring:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a closely related field
- At least five years of biotech or pharma industry experience in software engineering
- Experience with AWS cloud computing development
- Experience with computational biology, and/or working closely with bioinformaticians and lab scientists on biologically related projects.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Linux, Docker.
- Proficiency in web UI development using Plotly Dash, React.js or other
- Familiar with microservices and REST APIs
- Knowledge of NGS and Nextflow
- Experience in database design, implementation and best practices (NoSQL and SQL)
- Experience with best software development practices such as unit testing, code reviews, and version control
- Effective oral and written communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative, solutions oriented, and thrives in a fast-moving startup environment
California Pay Transparency Disclosure:
This position is classified as a salaried position under the Federal Labor Standards Act. The anticipated base salary $140,000-$155,000 range for this position will be. You will also be eligible to receive equity, bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education.
At Metagenomi, we know that our people drive our success. We are an equal-opportunity employer and believe in and value diversity and inclusion. Metagenomi provides an open, collegial, and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term careers. Metagenomi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.