Plotly Dash Skills: Utilize python programing best practices and packages such as Plotly and Dash to develop user interactive web applications.
Title: Python Developer/Data Analyst
Category: Full time
Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Experience: 2+ years of experience working with Python and 1+ year with SQL
Application: Link to apply
Full Job Description
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Python Data Analyst supporting a human sleep research customer at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) in Bethesda, MD. The position will support a data scientist in developing data pipelines, databases, and user interactive dashboards in a google cloud environment.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Utilize python programing best practices and packages such as Plotly and Dash to develop user interactive web applications housed on serverless environments such as Google Cloud Run
- Convert Matlab and R scripts into dynamic python scripts for automated extract of data from raw files source files
- Prepare, clean, and transform data in preparation for dynamic ingestion into relational databases
- Occasionally commute to site to gain insight and knowledge on data source files and data processing best practices
- Utilize Google Cloud SDK to maintain/ update docker container environments and relational database instances
- Generate static graphs for scientific publication utilizing python packages such as matplotlib and seaborn
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Citizenship: Must be a US citizen
Clearance : Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Education: High School Diploma
Years’ experience: At least two (2) years of experience working with python and at least one (1) year of experience working with SQL
- Experience with the following packages: pandas, Plotly, dash, matplotlib, seaborn
- At least one (1) year working with cloud services such as google cloud, google run, google big query, google drive
Clearance : Active Clearance
Education: Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years with Matlab
- 1-3 years with R
- Experience with Google SDK
- Experience with signal processing such as pass filters, Kalman filter, Fourier transformation, Hilbert transformation
- Experience working with biological data such as electroencephalogram (EEG) or Near Inferred Spectroscopy (NIRS)
Hybrid role, will need to be available to be onsite at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, as needed with short notice. Local candidates preferred.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Please note: Final compensation for this position will be determined by various factors such as the Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications.