Plotly Dash Skills: Experience with Looker, Plotly, Dash or other data visualization tools.
Title: Lead Software Engineer Fullstack
Category: Full time
Location: Hawthorne, California
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Application: Link to apply
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FULLSTACK
As the Lead Software Engineer for Supply Chain Technology you will be responsible for leading the efforts aimed at developing and improving the software that enables SpaceX’s supply chain teams to improve their business processes and workflows. As an experienced software developer, you will help architect and develop software tools and applications with the intent to automate many supply chain processes across SpaceX. You will be expected to have solid business acumen and the ability to turn requirements into working systems and code. You will see the impact of the software you develop in the efficiency gains the supply chain department realizes from using your software.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on an inspiring mission.
- Help lead the team in efforts centered around designing, developing, and continuously improving software solutions that enable supply chain mission success including supply base strategic sourcing, material requirements planning, inventory management, materials movement management, nonconforming hardware management, manufacturing and assembly, product traceability, rocket reusability and maintenance, and other critical business/production systems
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Assess the current platform architecture and recommend necessary changes while adopting the ideal tech stack to maximize efficiency, user experience, and empower business teams
- Work directly with customers to deep dive into their problems and find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Balance management of technical debt for owned systems with strategic project execution
- Collaborate across disciplines including engineering, production, test, launch mission operations, enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain, mission management, customer contracts, quality, human resources, and management to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or STEM discipline and 5+ years of professional experience building software; OR 7+ years of professional experience building software in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in full stack development
- Experience with C# or other object-oriented languages
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full-stack, production-quality application development experience
- Direct leadership experience in an operational environment
- Experience working in a supply chain, operations, or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of RDBMS, preference for MS SQL Server/Transact-SQL, bonus points for PostgreSQL
- Experience with entity framework or other ORMs
- Comfortable with command line interface and Linux operating systems
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment both independently and as a team
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PowerBI, Looker, Plotly, Dash or other data visualization tools
- Advanced data analytics skills to support development work (i.e. Excel)
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.