Plotly Dash Skills: Familiarity with Plotly Dash.
Title: Data Visualization Engineer
Category: Full time
Location: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands (On-site)
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Application: Link to apply
Optiver are looking for a skilled Data Visualization Engineer to design, develop and implement solutions for our trading teams in Amsterdam and globally. The successful Engineer will bring a strong technical capability as well as an approach that will enable them to integrate with our high-paced trading teams, collaborate with trading stakeholders to formulate requirements and create innovative visualizations and tooling on the trading floor.
WHO WE ARE:
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will work on creating and maintaining data visualizations and UI applications that are used by traders to form trading decisions and to interact with other Optiver systems.
The goal of the team is to provide users with highly responsive, flexible and reliable tools that can be used to monitor the state of global financial markets and to control our internal strategies. The impact of the work you will do spans across multiple different teams and levels of the organization. Apart from creating user interfaces and their backends, the UX team also owns and develops internal frameworks and standards describing how to create user interfaces within the company.
As a Data Visualization Engineer you can expect to:
- Create web based data visualizations
- Work closely with traders, developers and other stakeholders to discover requirements and design solutions
- Design and build data processing pipelines used during data pre-processing stages
- Contribute to the UI framework and ecosystem used across multiple teams within the company
- Be involved in a very short feedback loop and see your products having actual impact on daily work of their users
- Work on data and UI optimization problems
- Help members of other teams create and optimize data visualizations
WHO YOU ARE:
Trading applications need to be reliable and robust, therefore we look for developers with a strong engineering mindset that can work in a highly dynamic environment while creating simple and solid solutions. Those solutions must integrate well with the broad ecosystem of Optiver data sources and backend services.
In terms of skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with creating data visualizations and user interfaces
- Experience with creating web applications and working with distributed systems
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Eagerness to learn(including financial and trading knowledge)