Plotly Dash Skills: Experience with web-application system design and deployment using Plotly Dash.
Title: Data Scientist
Category: Full time
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA (in-person)
Experience: Senior level
Application: Link to apply
LinQuest is seeking a Data Scientist / Data Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO. US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance are required.
LinQuest is seeking a Data Scientist / Data Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO. The primary tasks are focused on delivering mission-actionable data to consumers. Those consumers span the space enterprise including the Commander of Space Forces (COMSPACEFOR), Space Operations Command, United States Space Force. Similarly, data consumers are applying data to a broad set of requirements including things like dashboards, mission analytics, and intelligence production. Candidates should have experience developing and implementing mathematical and statistical models to solve various problems across multiple domains. Experience and familiarity with the space domain is preferred.
Candidates must be US Citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Understanding customer requirements, adjusting analytical efforts to meet those requirements, and effectively communicating results
- Provide access to diverse datasets, and conditioning data to meet requestor needs
- Develop and implement mathematical and statistical models to solve various problems across multiple domains
- Coordinate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives
- Apply modern Data Science techniques (such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning) to datasets
- Understand how to optimize tasks using computer automation
- Work as part of a contractor team working alongside a broader team of government and contract staff
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science or better in Operations Research or Data Science related field with 6 years of experience .
- Substitute for a relevant master’s degree with 3 years of experience or a non-related masters degree or better with at least 6 years relevant experience .
- 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following programming languages (or similar): Python, R, Java, GO, MATLAB, C++, or C#
- Experience developing and implementing mathematical and statistical models
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to integrate and analyze data
- High motivation, creativity, and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Masters or better in data science related field, data engineering, applied mathematics, physics, or similar
- 8+ years of experience
- Experience with DoD, space, and Intelligence Community datasets
- Experience with data engineering, data architecture, or data stewardship
- Experience with NumPy, scikit-learn, keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Pandas, SymPy, SPSS, PSPP, SymPy, SAS, JMP
- Experience with web-application system design and deployment using Plotly Dash, containerization, and databases
Compensation: The salary for this position ranges from approximately $100,000 to $160,000 depending on relevant experience and qualifications.