Plotly Dash Skills: Experience with visualization libraries such as Plotly Dash.
Title: Data Architect I
Category: Full time
Location: Glendale, California
Experience: Mid level
Application: Link to apply
Aputure is one of the fastest-growing cinema technology companies. Our equipment has emerged a global newcomer to watch for with hundreds of thousands of Aputure lights now being used on film sets worldwide. Beyond just products, our marketing team also works in a way that is equally visionary. Electing to create communities and content for filmmakers rather than advertisements, the Aputure A-Team is composed of like-minded creatives that genuinely enjoy working with filmmakers every day.
The Data Architect I will be instrumental in delivering and maintaining the data pipeline and warehouse as per Aputure’s business needs, as well as championing Data Engineering best practices. The Data Architect I will also be responsible for engineering access controls, data encryption, and data retention policies and be involved in developing strategies for systems monitoring and failure recovery.
This role will work on the most cutting-edge data engineering problems and leverage modern data tools to accomplish this goal. As one of the early hires of this team, you will have the opportunity to shape the project’s direction and success. A most exciting aspect of the work is that the Data Architect I will also be involved in creating novel data algorithms custom to Aputure’s needs, which can have a huge business impact.
- Contribute to the data collection/data cleaning process.
- Validate the metrics set out by Aputure’s executive team.
- Architect, build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines that support Aputure’s business domains.
- Engineer data security measures. This includes defining access controls, encryption policies, and data retention policies.
- Implement the analytical dashboards needed for business metrics delivery and interpretation.
- Integrate seamlessly with the existing Aputure’s data workflow and legacy systems.
- Implement deployment workflows to take prototype data systems to production.
- At least B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Prior data engineering and/or data science experience (at least 1-3 years preferred)
- Proficient in data security, be able to ensure the data is secured throughout its life cycle. This includes defining access controls, encryption policies, and data retention policies.
- 1-3 years of experience building production-grade data platforms using AWS, and be willing to ramp up quickly on Aliyun.
- High proficiency in Python and Node.js
- Proficiency in working with/implementing REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database technologies (SQL, Postgres, Cassandra, Mongo, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Proficient in Elasticsearch and Logstash.
- Knowledge of modern data offerings such as Databricks and Snowflake.
- Experience with visualization libraries such as Tableau and Plotly/Dash.
- Data wrangling proficiency.
- Experience in implementing production-grade data engineering solutions.
- Ability to wear many hats.
- Chinese proficiency is strongly preferred.
- 80 hours of PTO to Start
- Health, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- 401k employer matching options
- Remote eligible (Presence in LA preferred for some in-person sync-up meetings)
Our mission is to make filmmaking better, more creative, and accessible for all. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Aputure’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to be the most supportive workplace.
Salary: $100,000-150,000 depending on experience