Plotly Dash Skills: Ability to prototype and sketch data visualizations with code, using Plotly/Dash
Company: Bottomline Technologies
Title: Associate Data Visualization Designer
Category: Not specified
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States (possibly remote)
Experience: College hire - entry level
Application: Link to apply
We are looking for an Associate Data Visualization Designer, College Hire to innovate, win, and grow with us. As a member of The Data Experience Design Team you will help design data visualizations and holistic data-driven experiences in our financial software products.
How you’ll contribute:
- Partner with UX, Product, Development, Data Science, and other global teams to discover opportunities to transform data into rich stories and data experiences that create value for our customers
- Design and build interactive visualizations to test ideas, conduct visual analyses, and discover patterns in complex data
- Help build and maintain a reusable library of data visualization assets
- Design systematically, connecting small moments and experiences within an application to create a cohesive ecosystem and language for data representation that seamlessly integrates into the larger user experience.
What will make you successful:
- 1-3 years of experience creating digital experiences (preferably for complex digital products)
- Ability to prototype and sketch data visualizations with code, using p5.js, d3.js, Highcharts, Recharts, Plotly/Dash, or one of the many other libraries built on d3.js
- Comfort with data analysis, including statistical analysis, and/or experience working with data scientists
- Ability to process, clean and structure data for representation
- Understanding of data visualization best practices, methods, and theory, including (but not limited to) the fields of visual perception and visual metaphor
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Robust work portfolio illustrating thoughtfulness and quality