Customize plotly.express.parallel_categories, in particular make hover more distinguishable

I have created a parallel_categories plot using plotly express (shown in figure). The parameters that can be passed when constructing the object are not a lot, how can I customize it?

In particular, I would like to:
1) increase the contrast between a hovered row/item and the rest of the color, for instance by making the background plot more transparent, and using solid colors only when hovering with the mouse. As it is it is difficult to distinguish between hovered and non-hovered objects;
2) make the categories names not overlap with the plot; as you can see they are rendered behind the plot
3) introduce a custom sorting for the elements of each categories; for instance in the β€œvae_beta” category I would like 0.000001, 0.0001, 0.01, 1, 100 to be sorted

Is maybe parallel_categories inheriting from parcats? The latter object is much more reach of methods for its customization.

Thank you.

Have you been able to figure out the hovering color issue?

I was thinking you might be able to add filters (ie buttons) which would filter the plot for only the level1.