Copying from datatable

Is it possible to copy to clipboard from a datatable to paste into excel. When i try to do it now it works sometimes but not always.

1 Like

This should work! Could you go into more detail about when it does vs doesn’t work? Any time that it doesn’t work would be considered a bug and we would like to fix it. However, we aren’t currently aware of any cases where this doesn’t work, so more detail would be greatly appreciated.

for example i try to select these cells and use ctrl + c. when i try to paste into excel i get nothing. If i try to copy one cell it sometimes works but only because i highlight the text

Thanks for reporting! On my end, it looks like this isn’t working when I shift+select but it does work when I shift+arrow-keys. I believe this is a regression. I’ve created an issue here: https://github.com/plotly/dash-table/issues/790

Appearantly, this issue has come up again. I’m seeing the exact same behaviour using dash 1.20.0 and dash-table 4.11.3. Ctrl+C copies to clipboard after selecting cells with shift+arrow-keys, but not after shift+mouse-select.

E: I left a in comment on the issue asking for confirmation and re-open.

1 Like

Looking at the GitHub issue and guessing by the number of people that clicked the link in my previous post, more users have noticed this. Sadly, the issue is still marked as closed.
Could you re-open it? @chriddyp

1 Like