Can Dash be used for apps that scale?

I am new to Dash but is amazing and I was able to build a dashboard learning from scratch in a week to 2 weeks and I am now confident of building anything I want. But I certainly do see some limitations though. Here are my questions and appreciate others’ experience:

1. Can I choose Dash to build a scalable app without knowing react(Or similar technologies)?
  2. What are the limitations with dash?
  3. For someone who is new to react, how easy it is to incorporate react code with dash. I know there is documentation but don’t see a decent working sample.
  1. I guess it depends on your definition of ‘scaleable’. Are you just referring to deployment towards more-than-a-few users? If so, yes Dash is scaleable.

2. Since Dash is rendered server side, it’s not suited for web apps with offline capabilities. If you need to do a lot of stuff clientside, you can with Dash - but it will probably be cumbersome than just creating a React app directly. I love Dash. I also love my table saw. However, none of them are good for everything. Pick the right too for the job at hand :slight_smile:

3. I would say it’s pretty easy. One challenges is that you can only pass serialized object between the Python and JavaScript layers, i.e. not function handles.

@Emil Thank you. I am not able to understand what you meant by “One challenges is that you can only pass serialized object between the Python and JavaScript layers, i.e. not function handles.”