Also problems with dmc.MultiSelect

I am also trying to convert from dcc.Dropdown with multi=True to dmc.MultiSelect. I have my own search callback that works fine for dcc.Dropdown but using dmc.MultiSelect does not clear or reset on every backspace and always leaves a mess of trailing options until I hit Esc to clear. Here is a visible example, I have two stocks selected and want to add AMZN:

my search callback is returning ['AAPL', 'MSFT', 'AMZN'], but there are still other options in the dropdown. I delete ‘AMZN’ in the search bar, and still have junk hanging around:

then enter GOOG, my callback returns ['AAPL', 'MSFT', 'GOOG', 'GOOGL'] but there are still a mess of other entries?

The only thing that works for me is hitting Esc to clear. This one does seem to work fine in the Dash Mantine Components example with only four selections and the built-in search.

I have just modified the code to return data in the format of:

[{'label': 'AAPL', 'value': 'AAPL'}, {'label': 'AMZN', 'value': 'AMZN'}]

which did not improve anything.

I’m definitely going to have to stick with DBC sadly until this is responding correctly.

Hello @marketemp,

There is an option in dmc that is something along the lines of what to do if an exact match.

The default is to list every option.