Add_vrect doest work properly with dash

Hi All,
I am not sure if I am posting in the right section since my problem is related to plotly, but only when used with Dash !
I use add_vrect to highlight a part of a bar chart in plotly and it works very well.
I recently started using Dash and It worked until I updated conda.

Now by default add_vrect do not seem to work. Well, after checking on different example, it actually does but the “heigh” (it should not have one, right?) of the rectangle is set to 1 in the y axis, instead of the height of the graph. Therefore, on most chart where the y scales is a couple of hundreds and above, the retangle is not visible at all anymore.

The same example within a jupyter notebook works as expected,

am I missing something or is this just a bug ? I guess I could find a workaround with a rectangle shape and set the hight myself, but I’d rather stick to V_rect if possible

print(plotly.__version__)
1 Like

Am I the only one having the issue ?

I’m having this issue as well. I noticed the same behaviour you reported: the vrect is correctly shown on Jupyter, whether it stops to 1 into Dash app. Have you found a workaround for this problem?
Thank you! :slight_smile:

Lorenzo

Usually this kind of problem happens when you’re not running the latest version of Dash, which today is 1.19.0.

Same problem persists with Dash 1.10.0

Indeed using the latest versions of plotly & dash fixed the issue for me.

This problem persists after updating to Dash 1.19.0. Any dependencies that might require updating? I’m running Plotly version 4.14.3, python 3.7.10