Hi Chris Parmer,
This is in regards to DASH application. I am using plotly dash since 2 months to create my robust automated machine learning tool with non-graphical and graphical related analysis once user upload the data and we have created our standalone application through webview.
The big problem we are facing is processing time once we upload the data into application, for KBs data took time to load exactly in seconds and for MBs taken minutes. As this application going to use our citizen data scientist(Business Analyst/Analyst), so they don’t have time to wait for seconds/minutes once we load the data into tool.
Already implemented to overcome this issue -
- Precalculation on main page for all other pages(config.py)
- Operated application on onClinked event(loading data on onClick)
- Tried to implement flask caching to improve processing time through multithreading.
- Multithreading not supported on windows OS as a 6 processes, it’s only allowing me to add only 1 processes
at a time which is not working properly.
- My standalone application getting hanged in between.
- We are still exploring how it scales for many concurrent users.
- Worked on hidden div with intermediate data (as suggested by plotly).
- We have written separate functions for every Output which forces to restructure the code.
- There are some issues we may not be able to resolve without getting to know the way Dash works by heart - Caching.
- Sometimes port issues as well.
Requesting you to help on below points if possible-
- How to improve our processing time over MBs of data.
- Flask caching if you have anything on this.
- Is there any way to deploy our standalone application directly on Google Chrome instead IE. Please note i have tried to make Google chrome as default browser on my asset?
- Please suggest can we go ahead for making large scale application through plotly dash. I am asking this because i am facing too much issues currently in dash even after my logic were valid for that component. I am dropping this note with the final hope on python dash otherwise i need to look for other framework which i don’t want to go ahead after 1 month research and 2 months hands-on experience on dash.
Appreciate your quick help here.